I’m an extroverted writer who is committed to sharing knowledge in community. This passion spurred me into eight years of teaching in a variety of settings, from adult ESL to elementary classrooms to high school English and public speaking. I’ve also spoken at various conferences, including Writing Success XVI and Hallowread 2017. Add me to your conference schedule for professional speaking and teaching that’s relevant, accessible, and offers plenty of actionable takeaways!
- “I came away having received a comprehensive sweep of the publishing universe, a sweep that was just the right depth for the time allowed. Janeen Ippolito has a lot of positive energy. There was a very real sense that success in this field is possible. It takes guts, grit, and insanity, but what are writers if not gutsy, gritty, and nuts? I would recommend Janeen to writing, publishing, and editing classes, and writing conferences.”
– Dan Williams, Geneva College Professor
- “Janeen helped me better understand what kind of writer I am. She was clear, organized, and presented with enthusiasm.” – Michelle Huey, Author and Speaker
- “Janeen taught clearly about the order of writing, including all the necessities involved. I appreciated that she used real-life examples of her own successes and failures.” – Barb Richards, Aspiring Author
Speaking/Teaching Options Include:
- World-Building From the Inside Out – The Workshop
- Pre-Drafting Strategies – Getting Plot on the Page Without Losing Your Mind
- Fundamentals of Fiction: Inside Out – The Workshop
- How to Write Effective Romantic Subplots
- Characters and Contrasts – Using Opposites to Amp Up Your Fiction
- Horror Integration into other Fiction Genres
- Using Humor in Fiction – Even If You Don’t Think You’re Funny
- 7 Steps to Solid Fiction Revisions – The Workshop
- How to Recruit and Use Reader Feedback
- Writing In the Margins – Setting Goals and Finding Time When It Doesn’t Exist
- Tweets, Blogs, and Book Signings: Make Marketing Work for You
- How to Package Your Book to Sell At First Sight
- Traditional, Indie, and Hybrid Publishing: What Are They and Which is Right for You?
I can also turn any blog post I’ve written into a speech or workshop. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to open a conversation – or simply fill out the form below!